I am super excited to tell you that in 2012 we will have monthly meetings! We have the building every third Tuesday of the month. There are so many things we need to be learning, this will give us the perfect opportunity! It will also help us develop our friendships quicker, because we will see each other more often! Hope to see you there!



Wednesday, October 5, 2011

3 Ingredient "Butterfinger" candy!!!

Homemade Butterfinger candy! Only 3 ingredients!!!

 The recipe is = equal parts candy corn
                          and peanut butter


 Melt the candy corn in the microwave. Put it in for 1 minute first, then zap at at 15 second intervals andstir after each zap.
 When it is pretty well melted ( I just took it to a gooey stage I didn't want to over zap it and ruin it, who know candy corn would melt in the microwave!) After your candy corn is gooey stir in an equal amount of peanut butter.
 I stirred them all together until they were well mixed, then pressed the mixture in a 9x13 pan. you could put it in an 8x8 pan to make them thicker. Or even in candy molds, I thought about little cookie cutter shapes. I tasted it it just tasted mushy I didn't think it was anything like a butterfinger. I had no chocolate. So I covered it with plastic wrap and waited until the next day.
 I cut them up into little squares.



 I am so not a chocolate candy maker. I have minimal knowledge of working with chocolate. I melted my dark rich burgundy chocolate, that it heaven in little chunks alone. And dipped my candies. I have to say I was surprised today because the candy had a little bit of that butterfinger crunch to it.
It's a hit! Stock up in candy corn this fall, so you can give them as treats this Christmas, even Valentine Hearts would be great on Feb 14th!

No comments:

Post a Comment