I am super excited to tell you that in 2012 we will have monthly meetings! We have the building every third Tuesday of the month. There are so many things we need to be learning, this will give us the perfect opportunity! It will also help us develop our friendships quicker, because we will see each other more often! Hope to see you there!



Saturday, October 15, 2011

Our October Relief Society Meeting.....

We decided to have a helpful Christmas Relief Society Meeting. One that might help releave a little stress from the sisters lives. We wanted to do a Bottle theme, gifts in bottles (jars), canning food from the garden, and planning a great holiday season that won't break the bank. We figured out it was to late in the season to harvest and can from our gardens. I decided I would do a quick demo on making jelly out of juice. I went and bought a pretty red juice, cranberry pomegranate cherry. I made jelly out of it over conference weekend. But as it was getting to the ever so important stage, I had a girl friend call with a crises. So I tried to make the jelly while on the phone. I got a nice big batch of pretty red syrup! We will do canning at another meeting.:-)
We were left with our gifts in a jar theme. I started  searching, reading, checking out the book isles at DI. I actually found 2 books there. I ordered 4 off of Amazon. I went to a girlfriends house and looked through her books. I found there are several of the same recipes circulating around out there. I wanted to get some of the easier recipes. I thought it would be great to have them as food storage on your pantry shelf, to have them to take to somebody who might need a quick meal.  And of course to use for gifts.




 I found some great ones and some not so great ones.  Most of the good ones I posted on this blog. Plus a few I haven't tried yet.


 I loved this one. Fancy up your jar of black beans:-)
 Our ward was very recently divided. We lost so many great friends, and now our ward seems so small. I was worried we would only have 5 ladies show up. We had such a great turn out. You just can't beat a good Relief society Meeting. We get to visit with each other, with out husbands and kids begging us to leave. We see Sisters that have other callings, keeping them busy on Sundays. We just get to come together and enjoy our ward family!


 We ask our sweet sisters to sign up to bring food... soups, salads, and desserts. We didn't realize that they would ask everybody to bring food on Sat to our carnival also. But they came through and brought awesome food!












Erin did an awesome job on her first night as Relief society Meeting coordinator, and Mellisa made some awesome soup!!!



I have a few other pictures, but i can't get them to load. I will try to finish this later. Because we had a great class on planning for Christmas. Plus so many sisters shared all kinds of ideas and such that they do. It was a super great meeting.




 Sis. Weeks filling us in on service opportunities.
 Holly teaching us great holiday planning skills.
 We shared a lot of great ideas also.
 Filling our jars with Keturah, Denece, and Crystal helping out!

No comments:

Post a Comment