I am super excited to tell you that in 2012 we will have monthly meetings! We have the building every third Tuesday of the month. There are so many things we need to be learning, this will give us the perfect opportunity! It will also help us develop our friendships quicker, because we will see each other more often! Hope to see you there!



Monday, October 10, 2011

Peppermint Stick Sauce

 I saw this recipe and thought it had to be good. I made it tonight and it was awesome, if you are a peppermint lover. If not I wonder if you could do the same with butterscotch or cinnamon disk. We all loved this recipe and it was even tastier with our homemade chocolate sauce on top.


Peppermint Stick Sauce
This is perfect for the holidays and also makes a delicious hostess gift.
1 1/2 cups finely crushed peppermint candies
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1 (7 ounce) jar Marshmallow Cr me
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until smooth and candy is melted, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat. Pour into an airtight container and refrigerate.
Serve chilled over ice cream or pound cake.



I walked away and didn't realize I had turn the burner on. I came back just in time to keep the candy from burning. But it clumped up. When I put in the marshmallow cream and cream in I couldn't stop stirring to take a picture, until it was finished.

This is the "burning/melting" crushed peppermint candy.

 This was warm so it slid off the ice cream.
It was yummy and thick like hot fudge sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment